Skip to main content

Food and Hospitality Reviews!

 Hello Seekers,

I know I said I would be talking about relationships, but I've had a change of heart. I've decided to let that topic marinate for a while and revisit it when things come more spontaneously and I have something truly valuable to share.

For now, I want to start with the topic I originally created this blog for.

Some of you already know that I've openly shared my journey with food and my past struggles with an eating disorder. But here's the interesting thing: once you've overcome challenges and done the work to heal, your relationship with food changes completely. Not only does your love for food grow, but it also evolves into an appreciation for hospitality, culture, and the experiences that surround it.

As an avid traveler, I've visited countless cafes, restaurants, hotel lounges, and cocktail bars. After years of being a freelance writer, I'm ready to shift gears and start writing food and hospitality reviews right here on my own blog.

Why? Because it gives me the freedom to be authentic, independent, and completely myself.

When you combine two things I genuinely love - writing and food- the best of both worlds comes together. And that's when the magic happens.

As always, there will be no sugar-coating here. In fact, you won't have to worry about catching diabetes from this blog because all the content is completely sugar-free. 😉

My reviews won't be the same as the polished versions you'll find on company websites, or any other reviews. My recipe is simple: dry humor, sarcasm, honesty, and authenticity.

And to be clear, this won't be just about the food.

Yes, I'll tell you whether the coffee was worth waking up for, whether the pasta, chicken curry, momo etc changed my life, or whether the dessert was merely an expensive disappointment. But dining out is about so much more than what's on the plate.

I'll be reviewing the entire experience - the quality of service, the hospitality, the atmosphere, the venue's design and ambiance, the attention to detail, the value for money, and most importantly, how a place makes you feel. Sometimes a great meal can be ruined by poor service, and sometimes exceptional hospitality can elevate a simple dish into a memorable experience.

Whether it's a cozy neighborhood cafe, a trendy cocktail lounge, a luxury hotel restaurant, or a hidden local gem, everything will be fair game. My goal is to give you an honest picture of what you can expect before you spend your time and money there.

That said, I won't be reviewing places entirely in isolation. I'll also ask friends and relatives for their opinions on the venues I visit and compare their experiences with my own. I'll publish my review first, followed by their thoughts. I think that'll make things even more fun and interesting.

And trust me, I already have a few venues in mind.

We'll be reviewing everything-from the smallest neighborhood cafe to mid-range gems and high-end establishments. Nothing is off limits.

So, stay tuned.

Alongside food and hospitality reviews, I'll also be sharing travel recommendations and destination guides for first-time visitors and curious travelers looking for their next adventure. After all, great travel experiences often begin and end with great food, memorable hospitality, and places that leave a lasting impression.

This should be fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-the-Top Interviews vs. Smart Hiring

For  years, I have wanted to write a guide for both job seekers and Interviewers. The reason is simple: I want to help people better understand what they are truly looking for-and more importantly, what they should be looking for. Throughout this blog, I will share my observations, experiences, and lessons from being on both sides of the table. My goal is not to tell people what they want to hear, but rather what they need to hear. That means I will be honest, direct, and at times blunt. There will be no sugarcoating, no hidden agenda, and no pressure to please anyone because everything shared here comes from real-world experience, personal reflection, and a genuine desire to help both employers and job seekers make better decisions. Whenever I tell people that I have worked across multiple industries, they are often surprised. My professional journey has taken me from realtor, sales consulting in home remodeling to program management, hospitality, food service, recruiting, and hum...

Tribute to fellow Writers, Bloggers, Journalist

  Dear Pen you may seem small- petite, delicate, almost fragile- yet somehow, you stand tall, almighty with dignity in the hands of those who dare to write. You carry no sword, yet you can move nations. You carry no crown, yet your words can command attention. You make no thunderous noise, yet your ink can echo across generations. There is a certain power in the way you move- a magnetism in every stroke, every sentence, every thought you bring to life. You capture the eyes of the mass media, the hearts of readers, the curiosity of strangers, and sometimes, with a single sentence, you make the unseen- seen. You give a voice to those who were silenced, to those who remained unheard, to those misunderstood and overlooked by the world. Through you, a forgotten story can travel across borders. A quiet truth can become a conversation. A hidden voice can become a movement. A single idea can go viral within a heartbeat. Oh, dear Pen, what freedom you give to every hand that holds you. You ...

30-Day Transformation Formula (Get your summer/beach body in 30 days!)

  Train the Mind Before You Train the Body Most people begin a fitness journey by focusing on workouts. Yet the strongest transformation starts with the mind. Before changing your body, ask yourself: Why do I want to become fit? What habits are preventing me from reaching my goals? Am I eating to nourish my body or to satisfy cravings? Do I wake up with energy or fatigue? What daily routines are helping or hurting my health? Your physical transformation begins with your daily decisions. The body follows where the mind leads. Start the Day With Intention Breakfast is often viewed as the first meal of the day, but it can also be viewed as the first opportunity to set your metabolic direction. Before eating, consider: Am I truly hungry? How did I sleep? How do I feel mentally and physically? What foods will support my goals today? Many successful fitness transformations come from becoming more aware of eating patterns rather than simply restricting calories...