Skip to main content

Two Spots you will regret missing!

Finding a great meal at the airport can sometimes feel like a challenge, especially when you're trying to make it to your gate on time. That's why I always appreciate recommendations from friends who travel regularly. A few of my avid traveler friends recently discovered Villa Russo Café, conveniently located in JFK Airport's Terminal 4 near Gate B24, and after hearing their glowing reviews, it's officially on my list for my next trip through New York.

Although I haven't had the opportunity to try it first hand yet, I'm already looking forward to stopping in for one of their famous sandwiches-before my next flight.

A Taste of New York at JFK Airport

Villa Russo Café isn't just another airport eatery. It's a thoughtfully designed quick-service café that brings decades of New York culinary tradition to one of the busiest airports in the world. The welcoming space is decorated with historical Russo family photographs and even features a framed certificate recognizing the family's legacy as a historic New York business, giving travelers a glimpse into the story behind the brand.

The Russo family's roots date back to 1954, when they opened their neighborhood pizzeriain Richmond Hill, Queens. More than 70 years later, their commitment to authentic Italian-American The Russo family's signature pepperoni and classic Margherita pizzas are the menu staples that built their reputation. Freshlyprepared and perfect for travelers craving a classic New York-style bite, they're a recipes continues to shine through at JFK Terminal 4.

What to Order at Villa Russo Café

If you're wondering what to eat at Villa RussoCafé, these are the menu items that have earned a loyal following.

Classic Pizza

The Russo family's signature pepperoni and classic Margherita pizzas are the menustaples that built their reputation. Freshlyprepared and perfect for travelers craving a classic New York-style bite, they're a greatchoice whether you're dining before boardingor grabbing a quick slice to go.

Chicken Parm Sandwich

One of the café's most popular hot sandwiches, the Chicken Parm is made using the Russo family's traditional recipe. It's a comforting Italian-American favorite that's ideal if you have a little extra time before your flight.

Garlic Knots

No Italian café feels complete without garlic knots. Warm, flavorful, and easy to enjoy on the go, they're the perfect side to pair with a pizza slice or sandwich.

The Best Grab-and-Go Sandwichesfor Travelers in a Hurry

According to my friends, the real hidden gems at Villa Russo Café are the grab-and-go sandwiches. They're fresh, portable, and ideal for busy travelers trying to catch their flights without sacrificing quality.

If you're especially short on time, these are their top recommendations.

Provolone Chicken Sandwich

This is their number one pick.

The thinly sliced marinated grilled chicken heats much faster than a breaded chickencutlet, making it one of the quickest hot sandwiches available. Served on a hearty ciabatta roll with roasted red peppers, meltedprovolone cheese, and spicy tomato pesto, it's flavorful, satisfying, and tightly wrapped for easy eating while walking through the terminal.

Grilled Eggplant Sandwich

For a delicious vegetarian option, the Grilled Eggplant sandwich is another excellent choice.

Made with grilled eggplant, roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil pesto, and ciabatta bread , it requires only a quick press to melt-the cheese, making it one of the fastest sandwiches to prepare when every minute counts.

Whether you're looking for authentic New York pizza, a comforting Chicken Parm sandwich, fresh grab-and-go options, or simply one of the best places to eat at JFK Terminal 4, Villa Russo Café appears to check every box. It combines family tradition, quality ingredients, and quick service-exactly what travelers need between flights.

While I haven't had the chance to visit personally just yet, the enthusiastic recommendations from friends who are seasoned travelers have convinced me that this is one airport dining spot worth seeking out. The next time I fly through JFK Terminal 4, you can bet I'll be making a stop at Villa Russo Café near Gate B24 for one of those highly recommended sandwiches before heading to my gate.


List Center library on 16th St Near Union Square: My Second Personal NYC Hidden Gem

One of my favorite things about New York City is that some of the best discoveries happen completely by accident. My second personal hidden gem is List Center Library, located near 14th Street and Union Square. I stumbled upon it during my lunch break while searching for libraries nearby, and what started as a spontaneous detour quickly became one of my favorite places to escape the city's nonstop pace.

What's fascinating is that you would probably walk right past it without ever knowing it exists. From the outside, the building looks like an ordinary federal office building, and you'll even see signage for the New York City Work Permit Building. There's nothing about the entrance that suggests a beautiful library is tucked away inside. The secret is to walk in, take the elevator, and press the 8th-floor button. Once the doors open, you're welcomed into a completely different world.

The atmosphere immediately drew me in. It's calm, beautifully designed, and unlike any other library I've visited in New York. What I especially appreciate is how thoughtfully the space is laid out. While there are communal tables for people who enjoy studying or working together, there are also individual chairs tucked between the bookshelves. These cozy reading nooks are perfect for solo readers who want a quiet corner without the distractions that can come with sitting at a large shared table. It's a small detail that makes a huge difference for anyone looking to truly get lost in a good book.


The combination of books , architecture, and its culture creates an atmosphere that's both inspiring and relaxing. This is exactly the kind of hidden place I love sharing.


People often ask how I find these spots, and my answer is simple-I like to joke that I have X-ray vision. Nothing stays hidden from me for long! Whether it's a tucked-away café, a secret reading room, or an overlooked neighborhood gem,I'm always exploring beyond what's obvious.

I also take pride in writing honest reviews. I don't get paid by business owners, and I don't write sponsored opinions. Every recommendation I share comes from genuine curiosity and passion. My goal is simply to help others discover places they might otherwise miss and experience New York beyond the typical tourist checklist.

If you're exploring Union Square or looking for one of NYC's best hidden libraries with a cozy comforting spot, List Center Library deserves a spot on your itinerary . Sometimes the city's greatest treasures aren’t advertised with bright signs-they’re quietly waiting on the eighth floor for someone curious enough to press the elevator button.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over-the-Top Interviews vs. Smart Hiring

For  years, I have wanted to write a guide for both job seekers and Interviewers. The reason is simple: I want to help people better understand what they are truly looking for-and more importantly, what they should be looking for. Throughout this blog, I will share my observations, experiences, and lessons from being on both sides of the table. My goal is not to tell people what they want to hear, but rather what they need to hear. That means I will be honest, direct, and at times blunt. There will be no sugarcoating, no hidden agenda, and no pressure to please anyone because everything shared here comes from real-world experience, personal reflection, and a genuine desire to help both employers and job seekers make better decisions. Whenever I tell people that I have worked across multiple industries, they are often surprised. My professional journey has taken me from realtor, sales consulting in home remodeling to program management, hospitality, food service, recruiting, and hum...

Tribute to fellow Writers, Bloggers, Journalist

  Dear Pen you may seem small- petite, delicate, almost fragile- yet somehow, you stand tall, almighty with dignity in the hands of those who dare to write. You carry no sword, yet you can move nations. You carry no crown, yet your words can command attention. You make no thunderous noise, yet your ink can echo across generations. There is a certain power in the way you move- a magnetism in every stroke, every sentence, every thought you bring to life. You capture the eyes of the mass media, the hearts of readers, the curiosity of strangers, and sometimes, with a single sentence, you make the unseen- seen. You give a voice to those who were silenced, to those who remained unheard, to those misunderstood and overlooked by the world. Through you, a forgotten story can travel across borders. A quiet truth can become a conversation. A hidden voice can become a movement. A single idea can go viral within a heartbeat. Oh, dear Pen, what freedom you give to every hand that holds you. You ...

30-Day Transformation Formula (Get your summer/beach body in 30 days!)

  Train the Mind Before You Train the Body Most people begin a fitness journey by focusing on workouts. Yet the strongest transformation starts with the mind. Before changing your body, ask yourself: Why do I want to become fit? What habits are preventing me from reaching my goals? Am I eating to nourish my body or to satisfy cravings? Do I wake up with energy or fatigue? What daily routines are helping or hurting my health? Your physical transformation begins with your daily decisions. The body follows where the mind leads. Start the Day With Intention Breakfast is often viewed as the first meal of the day, but it can also be viewed as the first opportunity to set your metabolic direction. Before eating, consider: Am I truly hungry? How did I sleep? How do I feel mentally and physically? What foods will support my goals today? Many successful fitness transformations come from becoming more aware of eating patterns rather than simply restricting calories...